Monday, September 14, 2009

thoughts on weight

Im SO excited. I havent blogged about it for fear it will come back....(knock on wood) but....Ive been headache free( well okay almost) for a WHOLE week! Its amazing. At first when we moved back to our house it had been a few days - I was slowly getting back to my normal self...not treading on water waiting for the next to strike- and feeling a little bit more like the old Amber. I even committed to some outside activities believing that I could do them and not call in sick at the last moment. I had stopped ALL daily medication that was supposed to be helping, and it had been about a week. Then I did get another Migraine, but took my meds right away and within 7 hours it was gone! YIPPEE that was 8 days ago. YES folks 8 days. A new record without a headache in almost 11 months. My appetite has returned...infact- it has returned with a vengeance. During the last 8 months while I was on the medication I was lucky to get 600 calories a day. Food tasted awful, nothing was appealing, I had no interest in food etc etc. Well now??? NOT so my friends. I CANT STOP eating. I want to eat all day! CRAZY! I have energy, I feel well, I am happy again, I have a better outlook on life. Ive gained 3 pounds! I have a bit to go...but here is the CRAZY thing. I loved being that thin. Regardless of everyone saying I looked horrible. I finally had the flat stomach of my youth! DO YOU know how hard that is after 3 kids? No matter how much I exercised I couldnt get that SUPER flat stomach, until this past year. So while 3 pounds doesnt seem like much it has all gone straight back to my lower belly. :( So I ask myself...why cant the weight evenly distribute itself? GRR- like give me a little booty, a little in the chest? NOOOOO right on the belly. Lame. Jonathan likes it tho- says makes me look like a woman. HA.
Well anyway this post is really just about sharing some good news. I feel that perhaps it was the decisions about our direction, the priesthood blessing, deciding to forgo all the meds that were making me equally as sick as the headaches. Whatever it was Im just grateful that Im not suffering EVERYDAY. Even if I get a headache once a week...I can manage that. SOOO heres to finally finally feeling like Im getting my old self back!!! YIPEEEEEEEE~!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Good to see you happy. :)

grams grewe said...

So happy for you

The Gordon Clan said...

Amber, I am so happy for you. I think that is the strangest feeling in the whole world to have felt that for so long and then it not be there. I think I still wait for mine to return, worried that if I do something they will come back. So far so good. I hope yours does the same. Yeah!!

Monica said...

YAE!!! I am SO glad! I can't even imagine what you must have been going through! Good luck for them staying away!

Emily said...

Yay! That's great news!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett