Grandpa slipped into a coma yesterday morning and passed away around 2:20 pm yesterday afternoon. It has all happened so quickly and while one part of me is glad he didnt suffer and went quickly, another part is upset that I didnt get to see him again. I had planned on leaving today to see him, had hoped to sit with him, hold his hand, talk to him, share memories, tell him how much he meant to me and how much I loved him. We had no idea that when he was admitted to the hospital this weekend and released on Sunday, that it would be two days. We thought it might be a week or two. Ive been an emotional wreck, had some peace yesterday but feeling somewhat numb at the moment. Im hoping that spending some time going through photos and thinking about the memories I have of him and writing those down, with help sort through my grief, but for now there is a lot of sadness. I know hes free of pain, and with the knowledge I have of the gospel, there is comfort of where he is, but there is still a lot to process with someone dying. Jonathan has been my rock as usual, made it possible to fly on a moments whim without a thought of the cost, and understands how difficult it is to loose someone you love dearly. What would I do without him? It reminds me of my grandparents. Where you found one you found the other....
(on my sisters raegans blog ( see blog roll ) she put up a couple great shots of him...this is just how I remember him...full of laughter and love...)
4 comments:
Amber, so sorry to hear about your grandpa...I hope you can find peace in the days and time to come. I think memories can be so helpful when you are grieving someone's loss. It sounds like you have lots of happy memories with him. Lots of love to you.
My prayers are with you and your family...that you may be comforted.
Amber, I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. It is always so hard to lose someone. We will be thinking of you!
I'm so sorry to hear this. You have had one heck of a year with grandparents passing.
I hope your migraines subside.
Post a Comment