After such a terrible week we had hoped for a better weekend. Saturday was a beautiful day we had high hopes of a lovely hike and repeat of last summer where we could pack Tristan and enjoy the outdoors.....
Who are we kidding? Do we forget what child we have? He actually cried and screamed about 70% of the entire time. Unless he wasnt in the pack. However thinking that he would be stop screaming once he was out of the pack near the bottom we took him out and Jonathan carried him the rest of the way crying and screaming till we reached the car. I cant imagine what people must think of us. Jonathan and I scratched off another beloved summer activity off our list. No camping, and now no hiking until Tristan is older. Needless to say we got the screaming devil child in the car held on to eachothers hand and looked at one another and for the 1000th time and said " will he be our last?" We now dont attend Church on sundays and wont until he can attend nursery, ( unless its our week with Elijiah and then its tag team or one of us stays home) and its all we can do to keep it together when hes not in one of his "angelic" moods.
Saturday night things just got better. I got a call from our dear friend Kate who also happens to be one of our renters informing us that there was a leak, or something as our basement was flooding. Well after talking to her and figuring out where the leak was, it was determined that in the moving in of the last renters they stacked their many boxes into the furnace room, moving the drain tube from the drain and causing the overflow to run from the furnace room to the basement living room. So we trekked down to SLC ( not what we were excited to do on a Saturday night ) to rent the necessary items pulled up the carpet, sucked up the water, and left them with a fan going to dry out the pad and carpet. We are just hoping no lasting damage will have been done. We just put the house up for sale again two weeks ago so I say the timing couldnt have been more perfect huh? An honest mistake and good thing Kate is like family, but not fun. On another note about RENTERS - it came to our attention that while we left several items at our home including some outdoor furniture - one of the more expensive items (the fire pit) was intentionally destroyed by the guys we evicted. Note to self. While doing background checks, references and employment checks - and all of them coming back GLOWING- never rent to single guys again. I put this photo of Tristan up because it is one of him that will remind me during weeks and weekends such as this --- We do love him so so much!!!!
***Grandpas funeral will be this week in San Diego on Thursday. I will be leaving Tristan with Jonathans mom as there is no way I can travel in the car with him 11 hours by myself as Jonathan cant take the time away from work. Elijiah and I will have ( I hope) some good quality time together**
No comments:
Post a Comment