Monday, June 1, 2009

Going Crazy?

Tristan has gone and been replaced by an alien. Thats all I can think of. He is teething yes. Molars are coming through yes. Fever is spiking and nights are difficult. Heck days are difficult. Hes cranky, listless, inconsolable(Tylenol, and Motrin still dont make a dent) and its making Jonathan and I miserable in the process. After landing in the ER again for a migraine which I can only attribute to lack of sleep due to Tristans fever several nights last week, and enduring daycare calls to me saying that I had to pick our child up as he was too difficult to handle, we have had enough. Oh Sundays return migraine- in which no ER visit was necessary, but an Aleve, Imitrex, Phenergan, and a Barbiturate was required along with 4 hours of horrible pain before it finally went away- shall I say Im tired? Or that Ive had enough of the alien that has taken our Tristan? Enough of the screaming, crying and ridiculous behavior? YES! Add insult to injury when Tristan is feeling okay, he is fiercely independent wont hold my hand when going anywhere, wants to play near the stairs at the playground rather than on the playset, and screams when he is taken anywhere he doesnt want to go. Oh and also any car ride still requires nerves of steel as the crying and screaming didnt end with the return trip from Az last week. I commented to Jonathan that perhaps we have the child that only a parent can love.

My kind and dear mother and step father Layne said at the dinner table- that they dont have the same issues when they are watching him- that he is very sweet. I figure its the same when Jonathans mother watches Tristan as well, after all she does ask to do it again...and why would she if he was a tyrant everytime right? GREAT- so he is only this way with US? Good times. Oh how I love our son. I really do, but its been a very long week - and having to hear him up and screaming from 1:30 to 4am last night was just about all I could take. ( He was fine grandmothers- rest assured. No fever, not wet, I brought him in to bed with us thinking he was sickly- but no- he didnt cry just wanted to play. So back in his bed he went and we just laid there listening to him cry away till he fell asleep) Im just hoping that this week will be a much better one from last. Pray for us!!! :)

2 comments:

OldSchool said...

My totally unqualified amateur guess would be that his behavior is related to separation anxiety (Common in babies 8 to 14 months, generally). It sounds like he is not loving his day care experience. Perhaps he has not formed a trust relationship with anyone who is constantly there??
So, every time you put him in the car his emotional memory is telling him he's headed for an anxiety experience.
I asked Cindy how he was in the car with her -- no problems, no screaming, with or without Celie in the car. But, the destination when Cindy is driving is a fund day with Gramma and Celie, or a trip to the park. He seems to have formed solid trust relationships with those environments.

YOu might try a couple of very short drives to places that are fun for him and where you remain with him a few times over the weekend and see how he reacts. Or, just bring him to Cindy's house every day.

CrackTheAnomaly said...

Well, that's the plan pops! Help us sell our house so we can move closer to you and mom will get to see little monster five days a week! ;-)

BTW, you done proof-reading my graduate school essay yet!? haha

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett