Friday, June 12, 2009

Jonathans Bday!

We had a little scare with our camera earlier in the week where we thought we couldnt download and I was worried! All the photos that I had been taking and I wondered how I was going to keep up my blogging! But not to worry! My fabulous hubby figured it out and so now Im catching up! I couldnt let another day go by without documenting our weekend last week and filling you all in on Jonathans lovely birthday! As previously mentioned it also happened to fall on the most miserable weekend for us with Tristan being so ill --so all in all, Jonathan kinda didnt get the hoopla he deserved, but we did put in a valiant effort to make his day special. I got up early in the morning, making sure to take the crazy sick child with me to the store so I could gather the necessary ingredients to make him a triple layer red velvet cake....with homemade cream cheese icing. Yummy.

However from the photo below I think I made quite a bit dont you think? I never did capture a picture of the cake completed because the day got a bit crazy as it went on....however here it is just out of the oven, or two of the three layers....

Now when these two are wrestling with eachother I cant help but get happy inside. It brings true joy to my heart when Jonathan makes the boys giggle and laugh....(this has nothing to do with his birthday except that it did occur on his birthday......)


Now for the grand opening of his ONE present- TA-DAH....(dont feel sorry for him...with his starting a new job he went out and bought himself a ton of new clothes so we agreed that would be his bday presents)...but I couldnt let the day go by completely without a birthday present to open...and low and behold what could it be....?????

....a new shirt! But let me say its not just ANY shirt...no its a shirt that I looked high and low for. He as you may know has a love of music and the trumpet. So I found this piece and knew Jonathan would love it. And he did.

We had planned to go out that night for dinner and a movie - a date night just the two of us so I had my mom snap a picture of us before we left. However we had a few things to get done before we could enjoy our evening. As I mentioned we left our sick bugs and headed down to deal with a few housekeeping items with our rental house - one being changing out the locks on the house, the other was dealing with the left furniture from the evicted renters. Well we thought that we would just rent a truck from home depot and take the stuff to DI. It wasnt so simple. We waited two hours for a truck to become available and once we got the stuff loaded and to D.I. they wouldnt take it. So.....we had to haul the crap out to the landfill and pay to dump it. All said and done the afternoon chore that we thought would be a simple task took us 5 hours to accomplish. Good thing Jonathan and I were looking forward to spending some time together huh?! But sad...what a way to spend a birthday....

Anyway we headed down to the gateway after returning the truck and spending way too much money on the ridiculous afternoon to eat a lovely meal and see a totally awesome movie- STAR TREK! WE LOVED it and we had a great night. I hope that Jonathan, in spite of the ups and downs of the sick baby, and crazy afternoon, managed to enjoy his birthday. I want him to know that I love him with all my heart, and each year that passes I have more and more fun with him and can hardly believe that we havent been together our whole lives. So even though this post is now a week late....Happy birthday honey!!!!!

2 comments:

Wendy Anderson said...

Ok how is your cake so flat? Everytime I try to make double layer cake they get all poofy on top then I can't layer them...yours look perfect is there some trick I don't know about?

bechtold clan said...

hey wendy...I just fill the cake pans about a half inch each..usually turns out well. :)

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett