WOW- things are crazy around our household...so much going on that Ive been having a hard time keeping up on the blogging. But a quick recap...a few weeks ago it was
announced that my company was going around the country doing a promo for the upcoming "
Christmas carol" movie and would be stopping in Utah. As it so happened they would be coming to Ogden and I was thrilled to have such an event coming through our ghetto town!!! So I got
Elijiah all excited and
dragged us out after work for this one day event. It was going to be a blast. Well we happened to arrive at the same time as everyone else in town, and what was going to be a fun evening turned into a complete disaster as the wait to tour the trains and see a clip of the movie, was almost two hours!!! So instead of standing in line, we let
Elijiah jump onto some of the older trains in the yard and we headed home. Night not so fun...but we tried. :(



Over fathers day weekend I had my best girlfriends over for a swim party on
saturday hoping that the rain would cease...however it was a constant downpour. While we did our best to enjoy
eachothers company and let the kids play in the pool Jonathan spent 10 hours at the house completely re-doing the front landscaping in the yard...in the pouring rain. He bought plants, pulled out old yucky bushes, took out rocks, brought in soil, leveled the planters, hauled in these bricks, (this is just one side of the house- and the smaller side of it too) he worked all day on
saturday and then all morning
sunday as well...It looks
soooo much better than before and I love it. As we mentioned before-we put the house up for sale again and while the inside was completely redone in 2007 the outside needed some updating...and so the projects have begun!!

On Sunday I got up to assemble my burgers and fries for the dads and grandfathers in my life. (see
bakerella on blog roll)
didnt turn out as cute as hers did, but it was still a lot of fun. We stopped by and spent some time with my dad before heading down to see
Jonathans parents in
Lehi for a few hours in the afternoon. All in all it was a busy day, but wonderful day, spent with the men that mean so much to us. I want to send a special shout out to my husband for being such a great father and step father. He is such an incredible man and example to our sons and I am so lucky to be his wife.

**I will add that while we have had some great things going on over the weekend my grandfathers cancer returned and he was hospitalized. He decided to refuse treatment and signed a
DNR. He returned home for what little time he has left which the doctors estimated could be days to just a few weeks at most. I will be headed to CA tomorrow to say goodbye to my beloved grandfather for the last time.**
1 comment:
Thinking about you and your grandpa. Can't get over how darling the hamburgers are and how great your house looks. Miss you:}
Post a Comment