Friday, May 1, 2009

To quote a great man

President Gordon B Hinckley
"Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

How I am so grateful for him...his wisdom. And how incredibly sad that throughout most of his presidency I was a bit lost - while I came back in 2002- it was a slow journey back- marked with many delays or sidetracks.
______

I am missing my husband though only gone for a night I was up most of the night feeling his absence, as he often comes to bed late, cuddles up next to me and rubs my back and lulls me into a deep sleep. I was fitful for my night time routine was not going to happen. He called to say that he a great dinner in the SF bay( one of my fav cities) and I could hear the excitement in his voice about his dinner companions - conversation etc and realizing how in a rut he is about those he works with and what hes doing professionally. He is like an eagle stuck in a cage- dying a little each day here and its incredibly sad to me. I know it will happen- its all a matter of time..good things will come, we are working towards it. Its just a matter of time.

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett