Monday, May 11, 2009

Just another day at the soccer field

I hope everyone had a great weekend...the weather was warm - we spent a good chunk of it outside. Saturday was Elijiahs soccer game so we wanted to go as he only has one week left before the season is done. However this child didnt want to sit still. As you can see-I couldnt keep track of the little bugger. I was constantly snapping shots of this one, then the other...but I didnt mind...it was a lot of fun.
See there was this HUGE horse just on the other side of the fence and once he saw it- well there just wasnt getting him away.
Oh he just cracks me up. Hes trying to be so cute...but what can I say...he is!
Now when Im not keeping my eye on my crazy one year old, I am actually watching the game and trying to focus on getting some good shots of Elijiah--- but unfortunately for me...I seem to catch him from the side a lot. I got lucky here.
And here.
Oh bugs again...sorry. hehe
Again he was just too adorable this day. Dont ask about Sunday tho. His bedtime is normally 6 pm. We thought we were being pretty good parents and he actually went down for TWO naps that day. Well that messed EVERYTHING up. Tristan decided that he didnt want to go to sleep until 9 pm Sunday night. And that was with us holding him down and practically forcing him to sleep...yea we decided he doesnt get an afternoon nap anymore.
I seriously cant believe how tall Elijiah is...he is just a growing weed.
Okay here we go...the ball is coming and I of course missed that shot.
Tristan sitting still for a few seconds. WOW!
As you can tell from my post- Tristan - Elijiah-back and forth.... Now that is exactly how my day went taking pictures, I would shoot one then go to the other...I couldnt focus- so much was going on all around me and I got so many great shots of them both! Elijiah won this game...actually they have won every game. My uncle Peter and Elijiahs Dad are coaching again and they have done a wonderful job. The kids are just fabulous and learning so much stuff. Elijiah loves soccer and I really contribute it to Peter.
Next rambling topic.... Not soccer related---Now Tristan has developed this incredible scream. Now its not a scream that if you heard you would wonder if he was hurt. Its like this ear piercing scream that is to get your attention. It started a few days ago and now has gotten him anything he wants as its so painful to hear you immediately turn to him and try and get whatever it is he wants to make him stop. Well as you can imagine he has figured out that this will get attention. So I, We, have to outsmart him, its now a battle of wills and today in the car, while driving home, the battle began. For a FULL 45 minutes the scream, cry, SCREAM happened. I tried to ignore him because negative attention is still attention in my book...I could tell you something...Im ready for a bath and a book the moment I got home today. Child anyone? Im ready to sell him....anyone anyone??
But really, he is a darn incredible kid( Tristan ). Lucky for me Elijiah found some bubbles those last two minutes and he was able to get him to stop screaming. What would I do without my helper? Elijiah is not only a great soccer player and the defender in the world!!!!( yes he is folks ) but a great older brother who loves Tristan and endures the daily commute along with me. Thanks Elijiah!!

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett