Thursday, February 26, 2009

VEGAS!

Vegas was a lot of fun!!!( We booked several months ago through a radio promotion on x96..and went down on a plane with some radio DJs and a plane full of other listeners...fun stuff I tell you... )after all that had been going on in the last few weeks we were looking forward to spending some time together but also just hanging out. We had grand plans of fancy dinners, shows, and perhaps a dance club or two, but we were tired. Upon check in I asked the guy to give us a room away from the elevators because while some people come to vegas to party we- or should I say I was more interested in sleeping. He assured me no problem that we were far away from the elevators all would be fine. And it was...we walked and shopped the first day and totally wore ourselves out. So much so that sunday night we fell asleep at 4pm. Yes I did say 4pm. However 5am and what do I hear....the BEEP BEEP of construction trucks outside my window(note we were on the 23rd floor and I could still hear every noise). We are on the construction side of the building of the hotel where I guess in VEGAS construction can begin at the ungodly hour of 5. So needless to say my day began. Monday we thought to take in a show, but realized that Mondays all shows were on their "day off" so in the end our vegas trip consisted of us hanging out in the room watching movies, shopping and eating way too much food, oh and getting up the next day at 5am due to the same beeping of construction trucks! We were missing the boys and anxious to get home as weird as that sounds but we had a good 3 days of fun and good time to ourselves....
Jonathan couldnt resist the good 'ol eBay machines when he saw them...had to snap a quick shot..

This is what happens when you end up getting bored in Vegas you start to try on every ridiculous thing in the gift shop when you pass by....what do you think? I think mine are actually pretty decent. And no idea whats up with the face expression...no comment.
Jonathans??? Not so much.
Low and behold!!! Dustin(Jonathans brother) was in town for a medical conference all week and we didnt even know it till we were already in Vegas- talk about coincidence! Very cool to see him and catch up!
No one around to take our picture so it had to be done...the self portrait.
Now we went to the fun toy store- would you believe these are 250$ each! I fell in love- If I had to decorate a nursery right now Id go out and buy them...or try and have my mother re-create...MOM see these...can you make them for me??!!
All in all- had a fun time...K honey- VEGAS- Check...next San Fran.

1 comment:

Emily said...

How fun! I hope you got great sleep before 5 am!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett