Thursday, February 26, 2009

WY Trip

Last weekend was a whirlwind of travel from WY to Vegas....Jays funeral took place in Powell WY which is about 20 minutes north of Jonathans hometown of Cody. We knew without a doubt we would go to the funeral but didnt know how much time we could take. See a few months back we had booked a trip to Vegas the same weekend- Leaving Sunday and returning Tuesday. With much discussion it was decided that Cindy still wanted to watch Tristan for us and so we drove up on Friday, stayed for the funeral on Saturday, and drove home Saturday afternoon and left for Vegas Sunday morning.
The drive was long for Tristan...he hates the car to begin with, and a 7-8 hour trip one day and then the return trip the next, it was difficult to say the least. I sat in the back seat doing my best to entertain him, and I think I did pretty well considering.
The funeral was one of the saddest, but most beautiful Ive ever attended. Cindy was one of several who spoke and did a wonderful job talking about her brothers life, and the wonderful man, husband and father he was. He left an incredible legacy behind and it was a real tribute to see the turnout. He made such an impact not only on his family, but in the community which he lived. I was personally touched by the remarks made by those that knew him, loved him and even those that only met him several times. He was someone that had his priorities straight- God, family, community. He taught the value of a days HARD work, service to fellow man, testimony of the gospel and living it, being a loving husband and father. It makes you start to wonder if I were to go today what will those left behind remeber of me? What is the legacy I am building? How do I want to be remembered? The experience has left me changed in a way- made me different- made me want to do things a bit better, be better. I know that Jonathan and I talked a lot about Jay, his impact on those around him for better or worse, but mostly how we want to be for eachother and our kids - afterall isnt that the most important thing we have here on earth...our families? While the chapter of Jays life has come to an end- I have to say this experience has made me profoundly grateful for each day. I feel closer to Jonathan and his family, grateful to share in this sad time --for through this I have been again blessed to know better the character of the man I married and the strength of the family I am apart of. I am a very lucky woman.
I had to post some pictures of Tristan in the car ride up to WY- he was pretty funny.....

Ah he found the pacifier!

Not a happy camper!
Trying to touch the camara...
One of many times he is wanting to get out...so sad :)

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett