Thursday, February 12, 2009

ex husbands girlfriend....

Is a title I will never be able to say without cringing...Ive been out of the office most of this week and thus my blogging is behind- but I had to vent and my blog is a good place to do it right!? LOL...

So Ive just come to accept that *she* doesnt understand normal boundaries nor appreciate the MANY emails, conversations Ive had with her and Khory about HER place in Elijiahs life and thus my battles must be carefully picked. I know shes in beautician school but must she practice on my child? I went to pick Elijiah up from school the other day and Im scanning the gym trying to find Elijiah and I cant find him, Im looking, looking.....I go down the hallway where there are bathrooms back out to the gym where the kids hang waiting for parents to pick them up..finally there are a group of boys sitting together, and I walk up to them...I squint...and there he is... along with a major hair cut- IM ROYALLY PISSED! *SHE* cut his hair! I have an internal debate ---do I call Khory and go off about it? Is this really that big of a deal? It is just a hair cut after all, but its again the principal of the thing...*she* just does what she does with MY child like hes her own, anytime without consulting me!!! ALL the TIME! Is this example worth the argument that will surely come from my bringing it up?? I decide the white flag that is on the flag pole as of late is a nice change of pace so I tell Elijiah that there is a new rule. Next time that *SHE* wants to cut his hair, he needs to say that MOM needs to be called and to find out if its okay. ( I know Ive become such a chickenshi$ lately but Khory is so verbally abusive and I dont have the energy to fight over a hair cut--although I really want to-- I feel like if I let this slide its just the start of a slippery slope) Any thoughts?????

4 comments:

Monica said...

oh TOTALLY!!! I would maybe send an email and say - next time get permission. Who is to say you weren't going to get pictures done this week???? Hopefully Elijiah will say, "You need to call my mom next time."

Jaynann said...

I would be pissed! How does she think she can just do that???

Kristen said...

I think your feelings are justified - but if Khory is not going to be supportive you won't get anywhere. I think you did the right thing by teaching E to request permission. Hopefully, she won't be around much longer.

Benjamin said...

been there... both sides.. we,ve cut addi's cause mom messed it up bad and Jose has cut Ana's really badly, he gave her bangs once... and sandra has ruined ana's clothes, taken a shower with my daughter.. so much fun.. email me anytime you want advice.. lol pretty much though you have to come to an understanding that there should always be an "ask " policy..that goes both ways.. you have to ask too..

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett