Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What Music?

I love music, Jonathans a musician ....why dont we have music in our home/car you ask? Well let me tell you....
TRISTAN doesnt really enjoy it. Let me rephrase. He loves Music- just not on the radio-he loves you to sing to him. So my commute consists of me and Elijiah rehashing all of the primary and nursery songs we can remember to keep the child from screaming or crying. Sound like fun to you? No???? There was one day during the Christmas break that I turned on the stereo in the house, put on some Michael Buble and danced around with Tristan- he loved it. I bounced around, spinning him he was laughing having a wonderful time. That was a GREAT day!
However the radio isnt what gets us through our daily commute...oh I try believe me. I do NOT have a great voice, nor do I enjoy my limited song choices repeated over and over and over....however it is the ONLY thing that will calm, soothe and often times get my bugs to stop crying and even sleep in the car. Oh do I miss my music, my Tracy Chapman, Alexi Murdoch, Nora Jones, Faith Hill, Rascal Flat, Sugarland.....and on and on and on.

2 comments:

Emily said...

This is the ultimate compliment . . . YOU ARE THE NUMBER ONE SINGER IN THE WORLD TO TRISTAN.

Go cut an album. :)

Daisy Paige said...

Oh no, that sucks. One of my favorite things about Grayson is how much he loves music. A jingle on the radio or television? Turn on Pandora while I'm surfing? He starts dancing immediately and gets this little smile across his face that melts my heart.

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett