I was going to make dinner for Amber and I last night but we were tired (WE RULE) and ended up getting takeout instead. TONIGHT however, I was going to try out something that I learned on my mission in Italy. "Pasta Al Mano" is not for those that like quick meals.
I didn't photograph the entire process but you basically start by making a pile of semolina in the middle of your counter, dig out a hole in the center, add a couple eggs, and start kneading. You keep kneading until the dough is "smooth as a baby's bottom" (not my line). You then begin rolling it out. You roll, and turn, and flour, and roll, and roll, and roll, until you can see your countertop clearly through the dough. At this point, you can cut it into squares to make handmade stuffed pasta but I decided to do linguini tonight.
Noelle, Layne, I LOVE my cutting board!!! The pasta turned out better tonight than any time I've made it in the past and I think the block had a ton to do with it!! FUN FUN FUN!!!

2 comments:
honey you didnt show the rest of the photos! Jonathan made the best dinner last night! seriously yummy! he is quite a cook and bette than me in all the "from scratch" in the pasta and bread area. Thank you again baby for all the effort. while you didnt like the sauce you made, I thought it was great and I appreciate all the effort. xo
WOW! That is so impressive! No fair--Shane went to South Carolina on his mission and his memories are just of fried chicken and grits. Lunch this week?
Post a Comment