So I found this really incredible article. Its a long one...not for the faint of heart. But once I started reading it, I couldnt stop. I clicked on the video clips- once then twice...I got teary eyed...and watched in amazement. I hope you all take the time and read it.... click here to check it out~
.....""Koyaanisqatsi" is a Hopi word. It means "life out of balance."
In his 2003 book, Timeless Beauty: In the Arts and Everyday Life, British author John Lane writes about the loss of the appreciation for beauty in the modern world. The experiment at L'Enfant Plaza may be symptomatic of that, he said -- not because people didn't have the capacity to understand beauty, but because it was irrelevant to them.
"This is about having the wrong priorities," Lane said.
If we can't take the time out of our lives to stay a moment and listen to one of the best musicians on Earth play some of the best music ever written; if the surge of modern life so overpowers us that we are deaf and blind to something like that -- then what else are we missing?"......
No comments:
Post a Comment