Amber, amazing in so many ways as usual, has helped motivate me to get outside again and I am so grateful for her even though I can hardly walk today! We decided to drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon yesterday morning to get our butts out-of-doors and we found a little trailhead neither of us had ever investigated. We looked at the map and saw that a little lake called Dog Lake was just a little over 2 miles away and figured we could do it "no problemo". It began quite mildly and it was a really perfect hike. The weather was bright but mild and the scenery was incredible. About 1.5 miles up there was a trail divide which pointed out that Dog Lake was only a little over half a mile away so we prepared for the final stretch. IT WAS ALL STRAIGHT UP HILL, and both Amber and I were dying a little more with each step! I've really slacked off with my physical fitness what with my attempts to become a true Information Technology geek and with the extra 25 pounds on my back, I really truly struggled. After many breaks and moans of agony passed between my wife and I, we made it to the spectacular Dog Lake. Okay, actually, it was far from glorious but we made it and the hike was perfect.
Here are a few snaps of the event. I'm not taking any pictures of the bent-over-90-year-old walk I've got going on today though...




2 comments:
Amber, do you realize your shirt has a cuss word on it? That's too funny.
Next time I'm in Utah I want to go for a hike...any suggestions? I don't think I'll do the one you just did, too steep.
Garian
haha- nah my shirt says tahiti...you just cant read it...:)
sure! when you are here definately will point you to some fun places!
Post a Comment