Friday, August 15, 2008

Absolutely Unforgivable Atrocity!

**WARNING - JONATHAN ON A RANT**

So, I was emotionally impacted more powerfully than I have been by anything in a very long time after reading an article I found online this morning. I'm not going to go into many details as even thinking about it makes me gut-sick but basically, there is a story on the news right now about a father who abused his infant so violently that the child suffered blindness, severe brain damage, and multiple broken ribs. After being on life support for a bit, the mother decided to let the little man go back Home as doctors said that the severity of the brain damage was irrevocable.

HOW COULD ANYONE DO THIS!? I'm lament to say this but if I crossed this "man" on the street today, I would be charged with fury driven strength that would allow me to pick him up and shake him until he was in the same state he left his defenseless and innocent child!! My only consolation is that he will most likely be sent to prison for murder and that even amongst thugs, thieves, and murderers, there is a code when it comes to those that harm children and that within a week of entering his new home, he will be judged and levied punishment by a jury of his peers.

I know that these types of things have been happening on the earth for centuries. Atrocities of centuries past were just as grievous as those of today but with technological advancements, we the people can be served up detailed scripts and photos of all the heinous things we do to each other. I'm starting to feel the anxiety and fear of having a little person that I love with all my heart have to grow up in a world filled with people that are capable of the most mind-numbing atrocities. In the end, I will try my best to allow him to live his life without too much smothering but at the same time I will silently guard over him and the rest of my family and act swiftly and decisively should anyone ever attempt or threaten to cause harm.

3 comments:

bechtold clan said...

ah so you are finally able to feel what I feel...the all encompassing feeling of helplessness with regard to my children( our children )my smothering nature, and constant vigilance on protecting my young. :)
Its sad that I still feel hesitant to let Elijiah play out front or not have him in visual sight at all moments, and likewise not leave them with just anyone...welcome to the GOOD parent club.

Salt H2O said...

I don't understand why people choose to inflict harm on infants rather than simply give them away, there are so many people that would love to take a sweet baby into their home.

garian said...

Heartbreaking, isn't it? I find myself crying constantly when I watch the news and there is a crime against a child. How can anyone be so cold hearted? Satan truly has a hold on some souls to make them do things like that. No one in their right mind would do such a thing unless there was another power causing them to do so. Be glad we are raising our children in loving, spiritual, safe homes. Let's hope nothing like that happens to close to home. Welcome to the world of being a parent, everything takes on a whole new meaning. Now we know why our parents were so protective!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett