Friday, March 7, 2008

To doctors everywhere...

Never EVER tell someone in the beginning of a pregnancy that induction is an option and will be no problem...then at the end of that said pregnancy say the opposite.

With both my kids I was induced a week early. I could plan, schedule, feel in control of the situation...all went well, short labor, epidural, fast recovery.

I cannot fathom the idea of going to my due date- let alone OVER DUE. I do not want to be at work and start going into labor having to worry about Elijiah in daycare, driving myself home or having to be around co-workers in pain waiting for Jonathan to pick me up. Nor does the idea of being in labor in the wee hours of a morning and having to arrange to drop Elijiah off in the middle of the night and driving another 45 minutes to the hospital with the chance that it would be false labor, or too far into the labor to get an epidural. Natural Childbirth is NOT for me. So needless to say after todays doctors appointment Im annoyed. Just schedule it for heavens sake...let me plan, be happy and have this baby during a decent hour. (And note to self- Im getting another OB if we ever do this again.)

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett