Monday, July 2, 2007

Talent


My hubby is the best. Have I said that today? As usual we had a great weekend...but what set this weekend apart from the others is that Jonathan picked up the trumpet for the first time in years. I have wanted to hear him play after all this was his life for so long and one day he pawned his trumpet( wasnt the smartest move he admits) and hasnt played since. He was nervous - could he play again? Would it come back? We sat in the room with a half dozen different trumpets around us, and he kept looking at me, unsure what to do.
"Amber, Im nervous." I could see the turmoil he had going on inside, and while his fist attempt wasnt brilliant, the next go around I was so impressed. As he practiced scales, and tried trumpet after trumpet, remembering songs and explaining to me the differences he felt with each instrument and the unique sounds, I saw happiness. I have to say that seeing Jonathan pick up the trumpet, play for a while and see joy in his eyes, was a memory that I will never forget.
I love you Jonathan.

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett