Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend updates

What can I say about one of THE worst weekends with the kids on record? Except that I wanted to run away and stay away. Actually Jonathan did do that. The run away thing, but he eventually returned. Thankfully.
( okay so it was only for a few minutes- you know I like to dramatize things)
Saturday we were scheduled to have family photos done with my friend Emily. I had tried to carefully pick out clothes, get up early and avoid any conflicts, but something happened upon our bugs that created a monster for 48 hours. The clothes I picked out were not worn, neither the shoes, the hair not done...for literally he was in time out, in hysterics, up until Jonathan couldnt stand it anymore, took him to the gas station and bribed the heck out of the child with any item of candy that he could think of.

The shoot was great-and luckily that we were able to get a few good shots in the 30 minutes( or so) that Tristan lasted....but the parentals were over it. ( the children that is)

Due to this mental exhaustion we put ourselves to work when we got home....I think in part because we had to do something to make up for the morning, but also to help our minds relax from the insanity. We got projects galore done, cleaned closets, switched out summer clothes for winter clothes, got organized for the 1st day of school( yea Elijiah), cleaned the basement, did ALL the laundry( folded AND put away I might add), went to the store, mowed the lawn, home depot ( to work on the below office project...isnt it awesome!?), prepare primary lesson, visit teach, fell into bed sunday night and looked at eachother and said.."When can we go to Mexico"?Never have I heard Jonathan say he looked forward to going to work....but yes folks he did mutter those words Sunday night.

It was a weekend that will NEVER be forgotten, for only those that were within the Bechtolds home can truly know what we endured( sunday was a bit better..). But on a high note...the office project is complete and WE LOVE it! (wall calendar chalkboard)




2 comments:

Katie said...

That looks awesome!! I love DIY projects. :)

Emily said...

I never would have guess it was so crazy that morning! Your little guy performed well for pics! :) Love the calendar on your wall, maybe I'll steal that idea (you know, when we move or whenever.) :)

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett