Thursday, August 19, 2010

a fun new thing


So excited!!! Ive been talking about it for years, and finally I did something about it. For those that knew me at all growing up, probably knew that I spent my childhood inside a gym. Then stepped out for a few years to dance, then turned 16 and found myself working inside a gym. A gymnastics gym that is.

Gymastics WAS my life. I loved everything about it. It was my home away from home and my second family. I developed personality traits and discipline from my training and seriously I dont know if you know this...but gymnastics is a bit hardcore. :) From the injuries, to hours spent working out, to the conditioning, to mental hardness, the competitions...its rigorous and challenging. There were years that I would work out before school and then for hours after school, thats why when I say that it was my home away from home? It literally was.

I quit coaching when I was about 6 months pregnant with Noel and always wanted to keep doing it, but lets be honest...its not possible to make a living ( unless you own the gym or work as the head coach.....) Its more of a college job or something to do on the side.

WELL the time has come that I have my health back, and I have decided to take one night a week and coach a few classes at the gym near where I live. I went in to do some job shadowing, and they offered me the job! I realize that my time is precious with my kids, and even though I work full time, I need to do something that I love. I have to do something that will make me happy. My current job is a life suck....this I hope will counter that some...where I look forward to going, get to teach stuff that I love, and see kids happy. Yippppppeeeee!

1 comment:

garian said...

That's awesome! So happy for you.

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett