Sunday, August 29, 2010

Heirloom

a few weeks ago a package arrived for me. totally a surprise as I hadnt been expecting one. arnt those the best- the unexpected deliveries? well when i opened it to my astonishment my grandmother had sent these baby items along with some old pictures of me and my great-grandparents, baby pictures of me with her and my mother....old pictures of my sisters and i....
as I read her note, saying she had been cleaning out stuff and came across these items, she knew that we have been talking about having another baby in the future, and she thought I would appreciate some of the things she had kept over the years. now a few things have stains that the dry cleaner couldnt get out she mentioned,( but i dont care about that). the things that she kept from my dad and aunt are wonderful pieces of history and meaning for me. the blanket is in perfect condition and i can just imagine using it for a baby blessing....
I cant even say how much getting things like this from my grandmother means to me. its her birthday this week- the 1st of sept, and i have a little surprise going in her direction. i hope she likes it.
Happy Birthday Grandma...I love you dearly!

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett