I have many fond memories as I vacationed as I was older in the very fine San Fran, but this trip in particular I found myself doing a bit more observing than I have in the past. Id like to share a few things I learned:
1. You literally could die while taking a cab ride. ( It was the trip upon arrival with a fellow co worker- that I thanked heaven and kissed the ground when I exited the cab. There were several times on the eventful ride, that I had to restrain myself from grabbing my co-workers leg in attempt to not slam back and forth in my seat.)
2. Cab drivers will let you pack as many people as possible into their cab...as long as you are willing to pay what they ask.
3. I dont like to party. Especially with drunk single men at a work event.
4. Even when at a hotel I get scared of the boogie-man.
5. Doesnt matter that Tristan isnt around. My internal clock still goes off at 5:30 am. Makes for a very long day when out late.
6. Health is wealth. A very wise man told me this. I whole heartedly agree.

7. The second poorest man in the world is a man without family or friends. The other thing the very old wise man said as he drove me to the airport. This time going the speed limit.
8. I realized that I would rather walk with my luggage all over town, (even without my luggage) than take a cab.
9. I miss the shopping that SF has to offer.
When I got back I had tons of things to catch up on, and one thing on Saturday that I had volunteered for was Elijiah schools 5 k. Last year we ran it, but this year I sat out to help during the event. I am so proud of Elijiah. He ran it just over 30 minutes and did a great job.
Elijiah has a friend Ben. Ben is autistic. He is high functioning, but still requires a lot of assistance and Elijiah thinks Ben is the greatest. Ben was the last race finisher. He was so proud as he crossed the finish line.

Bon, Ben, and Elijiah- all classmates and all race participants. Honestly I couldnt be more proud of these boys...they shouted praise and encouragement to one another and that is what competition is all about-celebrating everyones success.
5. Doesnt matter that Tristan isnt around. My internal clock still goes off at 5:30 am. Makes for a very long day when out late.
6. Health is wealth. A very wise man told me this. I whole heartedly agree.
7. The second poorest man in the world is a man without family or friends. The other thing the very old wise man said as he drove me to the airport. This time going the speed limit.
8. I realized that I would rather walk with my luggage all over town, (even without my luggage) than take a cab.
9. I miss the shopping that SF has to offer.
10. The homeless folks are NOT harmless
11. I really really hate traveling for work and being away from my boys.
When I got back I had tons of things to catch up on, and one thing on Saturday that I had volunteered for was Elijiah schools 5 k. Last year we ran it, but this year I sat out to help during the event. I am so proud of Elijiah. He ran it just over 30 minutes and did a great job.
Bon, Ben, and Elijiah- all classmates and all race participants. Honestly I couldnt be more proud of these boys...they shouted praise and encouragement to one another and that is what competition is all about-celebrating everyones success.
I am happy to be home. Happy to be with my hubby and kids even after a short couple of days away. I realize that there is no place that I would rather be than in SLC. Perhaps Utah has grown on me, or I have finally realized what really matters in life. Its to be healthy( headache free for 2 weeks now) and have those you love around you.
1 comment:
hahahaha I'm glad you had such a wise old cab driver. lol
Post a Comment