Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Perspective

So you know when you read a good book and it has the power to change your outlook? Same goes for these two younglins' in the house. As I was lying in bed last night with Cindy over trying to help me as I had another headache and Jonathan was in class, this one...broke my heart...crying for me as I was in bed. So of course I came down got him and brought him up to bed with me and he eventually fell asleep - with his little fingers clutched around my own, and his sweet breath upon my face.

This one - until Cindy came- covered me with a blanket and kept Tristan from getting into too much trouble. He ran his hand over my hair and kissed my face all the while asking me if there was anything else he could do. Elijiah is an incredible kid in many ways. After many hours I felt human again to face the night and Cindy left. I put this kid to bed and had a moment of clarity. Perspective.

This is the view from our kitchen window. Yesterdays was actually even more spectacular as the sky was crystal clear and I could actually see the buildings downtown. However this night I took pictures as the sun was setting and the sky was turning pink.


The mountains are beautiful and majestic and I stand in awe of my surroundings- how can you not with a view like this? The jury is still out on Draper if I were to be honest. I miss the diverse nature of the neighborhoods closer to town. I hate the traffic and gobs of people in the area. Sure the houses are nice, and everything is perfect looking...but Jonathan has some disturbing things happen in church- perhaps its being closer to utah county? I dunno...
For the moment ive decided to enjoy the time we are here, make the best of things and re-visit the long term buying plans in a year from now....in the mean time ill just enjoy the view!!!


3 comments:

Emily said...

Your kids are so sweet! What happened at church?! YIKES!

bechtold clan said...

just typical judgemental, and non doctrine types of comments which threw us into inactivity years ago..some of which were highly offensive to both of us. With most of gospel doctrine attendees noding in agreement. next time i will be the lone naysayer and set these folks straight- then be the new member outcast. LOOKING forward to it! hahahah

garian said...

Gotta love those Utah mountains!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett