Wednesday, December 16, 2009

no more monkeys!

We were wrapping presents for family and Elijiah realized that he didnt have a present for me...I told him no biggie I didnt expect anything from him and not to worry about it. He said" nope im making one for you right now.." He then proceeded to gather whatever scraps were about the table and a pen, and started to write. He would occasionally ask me how to spell a word or two, and tell me not to look( and I didnt). He finished up his "present" got a gift bag and told me to (here we have elijiah upset that I am "seeing" his gift to me)
pick out a tag so he could write my name on it. I have to admit- my interest is piqued. What could it be? :)

(notice my "present" gone from the table? He then said I could take a picture- I happily obliged)

Tristan is all sorts of trouble all day long- he makes me laugh, he makes me cry. The other day after climbing out of the crib he came downstairs to then pull off all the couch cushions and pretend it was a trampoline. He made a fort out of the cushions and honestly- I could only giggle when he would look at me laugh hysterically and start jumping again and again. Elijiah never did this- so in a way its like parenting a first child again- everything is new. Tristan likes to climb on EVERYTHING I literally can not keep him off tables, chairs, the kitchen island etc (Im a really good mother I promise!!). He grabbed the goggles that Elijiah uses in the bath while he pretends to "swim" and came downstairs and got up on the table and started to write on it with the pencil in his hand...gratefully it was only a pencil.(yea again my back was turned for a second- really just ONE second- how does he do these things so fast!!!) My big fear is that it will be a permanent marker next and my table that I love will be ruined( thus my desire to find the coolest table cloth to cover said table incase of an event such as that)
This is the vinyl lettering in Tristans room. Seems fitting doesnt it? Grandma( Jonathans mom) bought these pj's for Tristan a few months back...oh how he loves them! Just ignore that they are girl pj's....we dont care about gender clothing in this house...:) Everytime he gets to wear these he points to his toes and starts saying " oooooo....eeeee" over and over. Monkey sounds you know....

This week marks the end of the semester for Jonathan. We are soooo grateful. Jonathan has literally been gone every night and its killing him, its killing us. He is studying about 10 hours a day- late into the nights, taking time off work-hes been in a ton of pain from a dental procedure and quite honestly I think is at his breaking point. I keep telling him..make it to Saturday honey- Saturday ----you can do it...and then its break time... Tristan is missing him equally- crying out for Daddy and its heart wrenching. Saturday baby- Saturday...you can do it...we love you and know that you have us all rooting for you this week!

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett