Finally the Thanksgiving recap...oh I know im late...a good week late. But see with the move we had right before Thanksgiving, my brain cells were tired. I was tired. We were all TIRED. Tristan had a terrible cold- that kept us up more than a few nights. We had mounds of unpacking to do.
And with that unpacking came the stairs. We had no idea when we looked at the place that we would be in agony over the following week that we moved in. See going up and down in the space of a day is no big deal. But when you have a box and inside that box are items that need to be stored, you go to the garage. If some of those items need to go into a bedroom you go up 5 flights of stairs...and so on. And on and on and on.
So can you imagine how we felt after DAYS of unpacking, with a sick kid that doesnt sleep? It wasnt pretty. My mother- my good kind mother, came and helped get a HUGE chunk of the unpacking done with me as lets face it...I was tuckered out.
We had a very nice Thanksgiving break. Spending time with family, spending time with just us. It was wonderful- got organized, spent way too much money. Because seriously? When you move in somewhere there are lots of little things you need that you didnt need before...such as a Coat Rack. Yes we dont have a main floor closet, so I purchased a coat rack.
(4th staircase)
Tristan has become very adept at stair climbing. Gratefully he is at an age where I can trust him enough not to fall down. Where was I? Oh yea...my birthday came and went, but we made arrangements to have a date night which was wonderful. Dinner and a movie. Nothing too crazy- but anytime with Jonathan is a special treat and always a great night.
Tristan has become very adept at stair climbing. Gratefully he is at an age where I can trust him enough not to fall down. Where was I? Oh yea...my birthday came and went, but we made arrangements to have a date night which was wonderful. Dinner and a movie. Nothing too crazy- but anytime with Jonathan is a special treat and always a great night.
New Moon was better than I thought...seriously. I could hardly stand the first movie. In fact I loathed it. The second movie was decent and I was glad we went to see it.
(finally --seven, thats right folks- 7 flights of stairs in our new place...didnt seem that big of a deal until we moved in...unpacked and couldnt walk the next day for all the stair climbing we did)
There is just so much to be grateful for this time of year that its impossible to list them all. However some of the big things that jump out at me are:
1. Modern Medicine- but more importantly- the Priesthood in my home
2. Family
3. Testimony of my faith
4. My Savior
5. A husband that I love
6. Healthy children
7. A place that we can call home
8. Freedom
9. Friendships
10. Having reasons to smile and laugh
I am mindful of the richness in my life. Not only the physical comforts that I enjoy, but the ever increasing knowledge of the things that are most important in life. This time is especially poignant to me as I think about the upcoming holiday and what it means to me. I hope that each of you had a equally wonderful Thanksgiving, and I have to say that I am additionally grateful that the unpacking has come to an END!!!!!
3 comments:
Are you kidding me? SEVEN sets of stairs?! Please tell me you live on the fourth floor or something!
I know huh? The townhouse is tall and skinny...lots of climbing...good exercise is how Im justifying it :)
I'm having a really hard time picturing how 7 different staircases can exist in one house. Where are all of the ROOMS?? haha
Post a Comment