Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Gratitude Log? Ill get to it...

Ive decided that our house selling( or not selling ) situation is causing some problems in the Bechtold Home. We( or I ) let Jonathan know that because our space is an issue that we needed to redo a few things and dip into some savings to buy a a new dresser for our bedroom. Thus we embarked on Elijiahs room which is now complete, and adding a new dresser to our room so I could take out my clothes from the 4th bedroom. I have cut out probably 60% of my wardrobe since moving to this house and I cant throw/donate/or give away anything else. Our bedroom is now a bit more cramped with the dresser we bought, and we had to negotiate switching sides of the bed, but it will work. I have boxed and stored everything non essential in the house but with that boxing and storing I now literally dont have space for one more thing. Every closet, storage area is filled to the max. I will have to re-think Tristans room when the time comes because at this point he doesnt have any toys, and if we get some, there wont be space to put them. All his current baby stuff( bouncer- swing, etc) wont have a final resting place in several months...as did I mention that LITERALLY there isnt an inch of space in our home? Yeah you got that the first time you say? Well my final rant is this---where will I put Tristans clothes? Toys? Books? Where will the extra side table go?( its currently sitting to the side of the TV and looks lame)I do have ideas that can work but all require lots of money( ie: the big entertainment center? Get rid of of for a wall mounted flat screen. The large love sac and couches? Sell for a compact sectional...see? I can make more room but more room costs more money.) Okay. (sigh) Im okay now. Also its hard to see homes that would normally be DREAM homes now within your price range, and knowing we are sitting on a house that is the same price of said Dream homes and that knowledge is annoying. I have now made a little rule for myself. Dont go onto the MLS, or Craigslist- it only makes me depressed.

NOW- My gratitude log....for my complaining doesnt make me feel good so Ive got to start thinking happier right? :)

Our house- we have one. Its cozy. Elijiah loves it, loves his friends, ward, security. He worries about moving and wants to stay. So for now its nice to know that THIS home is really HOME for him.
My family. Enough said
OUR JOBS!
The new crispness in the air that signals the end of summer.
Running. I hate getting out the door, but its wonderful to be outside with 70 degree weather, clean air, and feeling like all my effort has paid off.
The scale. I just weighed myself...I dropped another 2 pounds. Yipee! One pound to go to pre-prego weight!
The pastry Im currently eating. Will I gain back the 2 pounds? Maybe--but its worth it.
My new book that came in the mail! SO excited to finish the series!
My siblings..we will all be together again in a few weeks.
Our new working faucet in the bathroom- THANK YOU HONEY!
My marriage. Hands down appreciate everything about it.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I know the small homes are frustrating with storage space - that is why I moved down south. You sacrifice some things to have others - unless you have a lot of money and can have it all. It was worth it!

bechtold clan said...

We are trying to move south for several reasons....but with the house being on the market for the last year and only 1 low ball offer we are loosing hope that we will be able to move. :(

Where did you guys end up? Wasnt it Utah County?

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett