A Sunday hike to Cecret Lake at Alta was a good time for all( except poor Tristan who fell a few times). Harder for me than I thought being 7 months along, but still a beautiful day and I loved being outdoors.
While we thought we would wait to do the patio till spring...a good deal on pavers created a snowball effect on the project so we went for it. Im not sure Jonathan would do it again( it took him about 50 man hours to do it all by himself) but its 99% done! Here is what it looked like a few days ago...now this was taken after he had leveled the dirt, carted in the sand and gravel, leveled it all and began the painstaking task of wheelbarrowing( is that even a word?) the individual stone. Each load was about 400 pounds. I think he must have done 30 trips in all. We got the first level of finishing sand on, but we still have another couple to go, and then the sealant. I have to say it looks pretty darn good.




2 comments:
Why is Jonathan always doing it all by himself?!
family never seems to be around to help....and we have to do it after work, weekends, random odd times...so hard to predict when we will have chunks of time to get help anyway...
Post a Comment