Friday, August 17, 2012
Nursery thoughts...
Redecorating? Not likely….
When we initially got pregnant I was sure I was going to do lots of redecorating to the boys space. Elijiah and Tristan were going to share a room, and the baby would have his own room. It was a grand idea that I would morph Tristan and Elijiahs stuff together with all these great ideas and new things…and with a nursery to do- I started pinning great ideas for the space. Well…..reality is getting hold of me. I have old items. A bedskirt/bumper from Elijiah/Tristan. Pottery barn rug that I cant stand to look at, but it fits in with all the other décor Ive got….to do what I REALLY want to do would take oodles of time and money and honestly does anyone REALLY see the rooms besides us anyway? I totally want to redo most of the other rooms in the house eventually….our bedroom/bath, the living room, the dining room, office, basement…but the boys rooms? The ones that get trashed only seconds after Ive spent an hour cleaning? The rooms that neither of them spend much time in except to mess up looking for something or sleeping? Its not like they are going to APPRECIATE the expensive redone furniture, or rugs/drapes and accessories. It would be for ME! So in light of this epiphany – Im sure that I will have the most hodge podge rooms for the boys and new baby. I guess there really is something to be said about having kids- it gets less exciting each time to buy anything when you already have stuff that still works. It’s a waste of money!
We have gotten a few new items….a highchair, and changing pad! EXCITING! But the rest? Nah its going to be either hand me downs or 2nd hand. Sorry kiddo, I think you may enjoy the backyard space that we are in the middle of vs the new rocking chair, or bedding I had planned…..:)
**After checking to see if my leg had a blod clot yesterday, the very talkative tech said it wouldnt be fitting if he didnt check out the baby as well. Jonathan had a hard time seeing what was on the screen, thus the outline...but I laughed out loud when I saw our little one with his legs over his head touching his toes but sucking on his knee! :) Seriously soooo cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage
Noel
Tristan
Jett

No comments:
Post a Comment