Tuesday, September 13, 2011

project updates

My oh my…the countertops are in….and Im in love. Clean, cool, and simple. Just what I wanted. The light grey is wonderfully neutral and compliment the cabinets perfectly. I realized why these make my heart sing. Ive always loved the modern industrial look of poured concrete countertops and there is definitely that type of vibe with them.  Just a few touch ups here and there on paint and molding...
Also we got a new stainless sink! You have no idea how nice it is to have one until you’ve gone without. I had stainless in a few houses so when we moved in and had the white porcelain—it was chipped and stained…well lets just say…I love the undermount as well. Jonathan is in the process of installing the faucet ( which I love too…) and we should be fully functional by tonight. Last up is the tile backsplash and then the update will be complete!

The fireplace is almost done as well. All we need to do is re-install the moldings around the fireplace and do some paint touch ups and then we are done! I was unsure how I would like the subway tile and the cabinet together but it turned out great! I really love the TV being up on the mantel and all our cords and DVD, xbox etc out of view and keeping things looking neat and tidy. Thats the update 'round here!

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett