Sunday, October 24, 2010

CA Trip

Had a great weekend! Jenna was having an open house in Lodi to celebrate her and Barnabas wedding. So instead of flying - we decided to drive and spend the time catching up( jonathan and I) in the car. We had a lot of fun getting to our destination...date night with Mariann and Ethan, a little shopping, and hanging out with Jenna and her family. I also made the executive decision that because we were close enough to my home town to take Jonathan out to the house that my parents built and where I grew up. However it was slightly heartbreaking. The house literally looked like it was going to fall over, the barn, fence and rest of the property was so over- grown and unkempt that it brought tears to my eyes. Especially since I knew how much work and effort that my parents did to make it a beautiful place. What to do eh? We had a lovely time while we were there and so glad we made the effort to go. Well worth the drive!

A quick stop off near Tahoe.


Ethan and Jonathan

Mariann and I

We had a lot of fun staying with Mariann- Dinner and a Movie and hanging with the kids. Saturday we were off and made it to Lodi Saturday afternoon to help get ready for the evening event and spend a few hours getting to know Barnaba, and family....

Jenna's brother and wife


Bride and Groom




Thanks Jenna for the amazing time and hospitality. Hopefully it wont be too long before we take you up on hosting us in Italy! Love to you both- and CONGRATS!

1 comment:

garian said...

I can't believe you were in town and I missed it. We live close to your old house and I drive by it when I go to my parents house, your right...it's just not the same.
Jenna looks amazing, I'm so happy for her!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett