Fall- dont you love it? Well actually Im not this year(loving it). It just seemed that the summer was much too short. However you cant stop the seasons from changing can ya? Last week Jonathan brought home some of his favorites from his mothers house- pickled beets, onions, cucumbers, all fall produce from the garden-and I actually tried one this time. I died and went to heaven! Such good stuff I tell you!
So Jonathan asked if he could get some of their beets and make our own. I called Cindy and asked for her recipe. And as usual everything that is good is usually not written down! So I attempted to remember her instructions, and I think I got all the measurements correct- but didnt know the size of the jar and how much water she uses to dilute the salt, vinegar, and sugar. As such, we are still working on our batch, but I have tried a few beets and eggs, and they arent too bad- just not as good as my mother-in-law's!
So Jonathan asked if he could get some of their beets and make our own. I called Cindy and asked for her recipe. And as usual everything that is good is usually not written down! So I attempted to remember her instructions, and I think I got all the measurements correct- but didnt know the size of the jar and how much water she uses to dilute the salt, vinegar, and sugar. As such, we are still working on our batch, but I have tried a few beets and eggs, and they arent too bad- just not as good as my mother-in-law's!
Friday nights at Thanksgiving Point there is a fun farmers market. Last night we went in search of great produce. After all- Walmart leaves much to be desired! Anyway the kids had fun, we got some veggies and I found the most delicious winter mittens from one of the craft vendors. Unsure whether to keep them for myself, or give away as a Christmas present. ( or maybe another trip next Friday is in store for me to pick up another pair- never know!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment