( picture of yesterdays storm clouds in Olympus Cove via KSL)Last night it was again HOT...but I saw the dark clouds start to roll in, and I decided that even though I wasnt feeling it- I would still get out to run. I rarely want to take the kids...even Tristan. He doesnt love sitting in the stroller and half the time he is dropping stuff or complaining wanting to get out. But last night I thought the pressure would be off on doing a long run and with Tristan- I could do a short 30 minute jog. No sooner had we left did the wind start to pick up, drops of rain were falling. I had Tristan in just a t-shirt and a diaper to keep him cool and I was in heaven.
Now the part about the run that I want to remember- is about half way through we are running downhill, but instead of having to use the breaks on the downhill, I literally was PUSHING the jogging stroller downhill due to the wind being so strong. The rain was punishing and our hats were blown off. I had a small blanket in the stroller which I put over Tristan and he was laughing saying "its raining, its raining"! The shade cover was blowing back and I have locked in my memory of my little bugs trying with all his might to get the blanket wrapped abound his naked legs, and him looking up with me with his adorable blue eyes and a big smile on his face.
No comments:
Post a Comment