Wednesday, March 11, 2009

When is walking walking?

Tristan has been taking steps here and there...for a a while now. Nothing big. 2 steps here. 3 steps there. But last night he surprised us all when he went for all of Elijiahs star war toys from across the room. He left his walker, and just kept going- and going all the way from one end to the other end of the living room. My mom and I just stared at eachother in surprise. Of course we started to clap and get excited. I dont think Tristan knew what he did as he immediately sat back down. So we tried again- this time going between Mom and I. He did it again. I called for Jonathan - and of course he was done performing. Then he was up trying it again on his own. So this got me thinking. Does this count? Is he officially walking? Im not sure. When I think about Elijiah I didnt count him walking till he was "off" walking on his own all the time- 12 months and 1 week. But now looking at Tristan - this was a major event! Perhaps Ill mark this milestone as the "beginning" of his walking adventure.....

1 comment:

Emily said...

He's walking for sure! Too cute! I love the unsteady first stage

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett