Thursday, December 6, 2007

First things First

Its my sister Whitneys bday today so Im sending a shout out to her!! Happy birthday! While it wasnt fun for her to have Josh gone a year, it gave us a year of being together which was priceless. ( she moved in with me while I was single and having her and kate as roommates was a blast ) I have a lot of great memories of us hanging out that year, and Im so grateful I got to know my sister as an adult. Im 9 years older? I think--- and I dont have a lot of memories of Whitney while I lived at home. There was the year that I moved in with Mom after she got divorced, but I still was caught up in my own life to really spend time with her. Anyway I miss her tons and I hope someday she and Josh move west of the mississippi again.

I got tagged by Casey so because I am willing to play along here goes:

Best thing you cooked last week: Nothing I dont cook anymore.


If money, time and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with who...1. Europe, my home away from home with Jonathan and Elijiah- forever. I would move there and never come back...well except to visit family. Where exactly? Well there are tons of places that I have loved to visit, but if I were to choose some place there to live it would be Tuscany. The countryside is beautiful, its full of quaint towns and small villages- but I would be close enough to all the big cities I love.


When was the last time you cried? Yesterday thinking about how long it had been without having a good dose of time with Elijiah and the reality of that being the norm. Can I contribute this emotion to being pregnant? I seem to cry ALL THE TIME

Five things you were doing 10 years ago: This one is hard for me: 1997.... 1. Dating Khory 2. Enrolled at SLCC 3. Working at discover card 4. Living in the Aves 5. having no money to do anything but still finding ways to travel

Five things you were doing 5 years ago: 2002:1. Elijiah was born 2. Had just bought our first house ( nov 2001) and starting to do the remodeling on it 3. Enjoying the Olympics and fun house guests. 4. Working at Comphealth 5. Back to school again for Nursing prereqs

Five things you were doing 1 year ago: 2006 1. Dating - hadnet met Jonathan yet. 2. Renting a great condo and planning Christmas events 3. Teaching Relief Society 4. Working at Pacificorp and trying to make the best of it. 5. Finally at a place in life that financially I was ok on my own, and I knew I could support myself and Elijiah...what a great feeling.

Seven of your favorite hobbies: reading, running, baking, traveling, trying new restaurants and going back to old favorites, hanging out with Elijiah, camping.

Five favorite foods: Authentic Italian food in general, muffins from Great Harvest, Thai food, Indian food( too numerous again to name) and cold cereal.

Five places you've been: Mexico, France, Croatia, Prague, Italy

Five Favorite Memories: The first time I saw Jonathan, my first trip to Europe, holding Elijiah for the first time, my weddings ( both of them but for different reasons: to Khory because it was wonderful to have all my family and friends there, to Jonathan because I felt that I was finally making the right decision and we would spend eternity together) Seeing fireworks over the S.F bay off battleships. I love July 4th and that was a spectacular display.
While those are 5 memories the last isnt a favorite...I have too many incredible memories that all rank up there: Early morning moutain bike riding with my dad, the birth of Noel, seeing the Duomo in Milan for the first time, Walking across the St. Charles Bridge in Prague, New Years Eve in Paris with friends, rock climbing in Moab, getting Keeva, buying my first house, graduating from College because I worked full time the entire time and paid for it myself, taking a canoe trip down a river in Maine, eating at the top of the needle in Seattle, and on and on and on....

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett