Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pregnancy Blues- and a miracle!

"hello wonderful and brave pregnant women,
i started taking zofram last night. today was the first day in two months that i haven't cried, thrown up, and been an absolute a prisoner in my own home. as many of you reading know, such severe nausea is not only debilitating to the body, but to the soul. how many times have i sobbed to my husband that i feel so hopeless, that this will never end? i tried everything from unisom to the bands to phenergan suppositories (ouch!). nothing worked. out of desperation i got zofran. i am three months pregnant and my conservitave doctor said there is no reason at all to worry about this affecting the baby. i hope to take it as little as possible, but believe me i would do anything to feel normal again. i seriously thank god for zofran, i cannot cope without it, yet."

So this was a post that I found after reading about my new wonder drug Zofran. Let me attempt to explain to you all what being pregnant has done to me. Where I liked to get out a hike, go for a walk or heavens even run, I have done little but walk from my car to my house to my couch these last 7 weeks. I have eaten barely anything except cereal, and sprite, crackers and vanilla wafers( unitl I was unable to keep those down.) I have cried all day, in the shower, at work, here and there, unable to figure out why I started to be so depressed. Had no interest in Jonathan,( poor guy ) barely any ability to play with Elijiah, I started to feel resentful about this baby and often found myself feeling like I should leave Jonathan...yes really. That I was a terrible wife, ugly, sick and had nothing to offer.( Luckily this has now passed and I know this was just the depression talking..) I felt sick almost every second of every day. I wondered what has made me feel this bad...my other pregnancies were very similiar(Being pregnant with Noel I was severely sick and had complications from my sickness Im sure now looking back. I gained only 16 pounds total, she was taken a week early for lack of growth, I was put on bed rest for two months, I barely worked....Elijiah I coped better after about 5 months or so)Anyway I realized that I am not ever going to be a healthy glowing pregnant person. I will probably always suffer to the extreme with my pregnancies....ANYWAY after two days of being sick and not able to go to work( Jonathan was out of town doing a deposition for work) I was unable to keep even a cracker or some water down, I could hardly walk, and I was constantly throwing up, I got my doctor to call in Zofran. As soon as Jonathan got home and went to the Pharmacy I took the pill. Within a half hour I felt decent. I woke up this morning took another pill. Again I feel great. I feel happy. I feel like I can work, be a mom and I can finally be me again. While its only day one so far on this pill, the transformation has me wondering how I survived even one day with out it. Thanks modern medicine! And again thanks to my husband who I hope will have a peice of the old Amber back again...

3 comments:

Monica said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! There is NOTHING worse than being sick and pregnant! ugh! Let us know when you find out girl or boy! love you!

Daisy Paige said...

Oh, you poor thing! So glad you found something to help you feel better. Keep your spirits up - the baby will be worth all this trouble, I promise.

Jaynann said...

So sorry to hear about your suffering! It is amazing what we go through to have our little ones in our life. I know you know that it's worth it, but during pregnancy you start to wonder. Thank goodness for modern medicine!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett