Monday, September 17, 2007

Our Weekend....

I have to post some pictures of Elijiahs first soccer game....he was adorable and did great. ( Considering the game was the first time he ever played ) See Khory called said his friend was a coach and we could get Elijiah on his team if we wanted...both of us decided it would be good for Elijiah. When I picked Elijiah up from school on Friday and let him know of the saturday morning plans he promptly threw a fit and started to cry. Saying he didnt want to play. This lasted quite a while. Now if you know Elijiah this wouldnt be a surprise to you at all. He is very headstrong and thinks he knows everything. He for the most part up till now is a bit shy upon introducing him to new things and I had doubts even if we got him at the game that he would participate. I made a deal that he didnt have to play but he did have to go and watch. He agreed. This just brought memories of taking him to a gymnastics class last year when he said he wanted to try it out. We got there a few minutes early- he sat on my lap and watched for a litle while. Well his class was called and they had the kids run around the floor twice...the second lap if you will Elijiah started to slow-he went to his teacher and them ran over to me....he started to cry saying he was too tired and gymnastics was too hard. Can you even imagine?????!!!! ME- Elijiahs mother...in this situation? The girl that was in gymnastics her whole childhood, who later coached...with my son saying he couldnt even run around the mat!!!??? Well whats a mom to do? I took Elijiah and we left, and we havent been back. So I was reliving this scenerio in my head on Saturday morning upon getting there and seeing the kids play. However Elijiah surprised me and his dad. He jumped in, followed directions, got the hang of it, and played the entire time. He was amazing! And I am so proud.

The rest of the weekend consisted of this: the couch. I got sick saturday afternoon and evening. I got up Sunday just wanting to sit and do nothing. Jonathan was amazing as usual. He mowed the lawn, went grocery shopping, got us movies, put gas in my car, made me cookies. Its the question I ask my self every day...How did I get to be this mans wife?????

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett