Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day



We headed to Cody , WY for labor day. I thought we might venture over to Yellowstone while we were there but alas my sickly state didnt create tons of opportunities for adventure. Jonathan did show me the places he caused trouble growing up, his old hang outs and high school....the house he grew up in. We did a little shopping, some eating out, and the Old Buffalo Bill Museum. I had a lot of fun, Cody is a quaint small town that I wish I was living in. I feel bad that my kids will never be able to ride horses, or just wander around town...there really isnt anything like growing up in a small town. Salt Lake just aint it. Only a lucky few know what I mean, to ride your bike for miles and not have your parents worry, build forts among the acres of property that surrounds you, to have your animals be outside animals with no fences around etc etc. I wouldnt trade growing up in a small town for anything. Thanks Jonathan for another great weekend and taking me to see a part of your past. XO

3 comments:

Daisy Paige said...

How this post makes me think of growing up in little ol' Toquerville! My parents never worried about me riding my bike more than a mile to my best friend's house. We'd go horse-back riding on her horses, and go swimming in Toquer Creek without supervision. There *is* something you experience growing up in a small town that cannot be experienced elsewhere.

Casey said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun:) Hope your pregnancy starts treating you a bit better!

CrackTheAnomaly said...

Yeah, so some explanation is required on this one. We were supposed to put on "scared" faces for this pic but Amber didn't play along! As such, I look like a cheeky wanker, and she looks lovely as usual!!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett