Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Catch up

Ive been busy...and sick so let me catch you up. I mentioned that I was going to Austin, TX for work and it was actually a lot of fun. If you can call work fun. The austin gaming convention was full of meet and greets, learning about this new industry for me, meeting co-workers and overall working our booth. Austin itself was a fun town and I wish I had my hubby with me so we could have enjoyed the night life together. With the exception of a dinner out, I was the lone party pooper who didnt get a bit too tipsy each evening. :)

My journey home was nothing short of a miracle, I did snag a direct flight home which was a blessing. I was scheduled for a long 11 hour travel time flying from TX to GA, then to UT....but I arrived at the airport in time to see a boarding flight direct to SLC...I ran to the gate discovered it had a few empty seats and was able to fly home...yea!

Saturday was a nice day- got our shed up! Yup Jonathan had wanted to surprise me with having everything done by the time I got back, but my early arrival squashed that( sorry honey!) Anyway so it became the family project for the day. Finally a place to put the lawn mower!

So this is where the good times end....saturday night I got a migraine and nothing the tylenol with codine could help...by 4am, I was so sick and felt awful I knew I was in for a long Sunday. I think it was the codine that got my stomach going but I couldnt keep anything down and spent a good part of the day over the toilet. Not much fun. Elijiah had to give a talk in Primary so Jonathan got him ready and helped Elijiah. I guess it went well...I wished I could have been there. Anyway so sunday was a wash- i am just so grateful for Jonathan and his help.....

Since I was so beat from Sundays sickness I was still out of it come Monday morning. I called in sick to work and stayed home. It was one of those end of summer- pre-fall perfect temperature days. It was bliss. I felt somewhat ok, but still weak, but felt a trip to the park was a must. Elijiah and I for the most part had a wonderful day together- just relaxing and hanging out.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Good to hear you are back in the land of the living:) Miss you--excited to see you next week!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett