Well this sucks....I started something then it didnt save...all that wit, humor to waste. You know how hard it is to duplicate brilliance a second time around???? GRRRR! Well Ill try again.....
Since this is mostly for our friends and family and other interested parties Ill give a brief history of how the bechtold clan came to be ( like most of you dont know) and then a intro to each of us....:)
So here goes.
Jonathan and I met on line. Yes the official site of where it all began is ldslinkup.com. I was currently in a declining relationship and he was just out of his divorce. I saw his profile and had to send some comforting words his way. While I wasnt on the "market" perse, I wanted to send some encouragement - dating after a divorce sucks. Well something I must have said caught his attention. He wrote back. It was clear in the first several emails that there was a connection but alas I was taken. It was a week later that my relationship went downhill and Jonathan put his hat in the ring. I was excited to delve into something that seemed so right. I use the analogy of a box. Sometimes you try to fit things in a box that dont fit, you think it might so you squeeze and sqeeze something and it looks like it will fit, only to pop out later. Or you hold the top down for so long that its convinced you it will stay....only to fall out anyway later on. This was me and my relationship/marriage with Elijiah's Dad. Jonathan on the other hand.....he/we fit. Our courtship was fast -we fell hard for eachother and within 6 weeks we were engaged. 6 weeks later- Married!!! 3-31-07 was the start of the Bechtold Clan. Our life isnt void of challenges or difficulties. Every adult brings stuff to the table. But what I have learned is there are those that help you with your stuff, or make you nuerotic about your stuff . Im glad I found a helper. :)
Now let me break down the key players.....
Jonathan 31- musically gifted. He plays a wicked trumpet and piano( and a little guitar). Voice like a song bird. He really should try out for American Idol( oh wait- he is now too old!! haha) Loves red velvet cake and movies. He knows how to listen and hear what you are saying. Prefers the solice of several close friends than many acquaintences. He is the most loving, kind, affectionate, smart man I know.
Me 30(yup im 6 months younger) first and foremost my greatest loves: being a wife to Jonathan and mom to Elijiah. That said I hope to be a mama to a few more( we think 2 is the magic number...:). I work because coaching gymnastics and traveling the world doesnt pay. Im fortunate to have a good job that provides well. I have been blessed. I continue in my current role not because I love HR, but it is important to do what one needs to do when children are a part of life. I have a good work life balance, and to be honest there are days when I love my profession.
Elijiah- my heart. The joy I have in the small moments with him. Elijiah is truely a bundle of opposites. Shy, confident, cautious, sick skiier, loving, trouble, adventerous, animal lover, smart, kind, a good friend, fast learner. It is a joy to be his mom. I thank Heavenly Father everyday. He healed my wounded heart from the moment he took his first breath.
Noel- The baby I gave up when I was 19. While its an open adoption it affords me the opportunity to see her and know her. If people ask what my relationship is like with her....the best I can describe is like an aunt/niece dynamic. Its close, secure, separate, unique. But I am not her mother. Noel is a mini-me. In looks, in personality. Shes fiesty, smart as a whip, coordinated and athletic, friend to many. She is a truely talented drummer and I know she will be on a stage one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment