Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ah the head....

Migraines-
The ultimate curve ball in my life....can I just say that whoever decided that I get them, should be shot. Ive been told they are inherited, and/or brought on by any numerous amounts of factors. But they hit at the most inopportune time. Ive been a sufferer since I was about 10- or 11. What can I say? Before imitrex I would suffer for days often with a trip to the ER. I have seen neurologists, chiropractors, spent several months in physical therapy, seen nutritionists, been on every medication. Imitrex does work, but sometimes it doesnt. I guess I am lucky that there is something that works much of the time, however getting side lined by something that can just happen because is incredibly difficult. Its hard for me, but those around me as well. Elijiah copes well. He has been around me with headaches his whole life obviously. One of my favorite memories of him was when he was about 8 months or so. Khory hadnt come home from work and I couldnt call anyone...my medicine wasnt working yet, and I had this baby to take care of. I just laid down, put Elijiah on my chest and told him mommy was hurting and I needed him to sleep. He looked up, gave me this goofy face, and laid his head on my chest and within minutes fell asleep with me. I felt so blessed in that moment.

Kinda like yesterday. It was day two of my headache and Jonathan was my lifesaver. He came home from work, took me to the hospital, and got the clearance to use my meds. He had to leave me for the rest of the day but it was ok- a few hours later I was back on my feet. However the day before- with all his homework and work stress, he knew I was in agony. He rubbed my feet, my head, my back, trying to distract me from the pain, and I was so grateful. His presence, his willingness to serve me and help ease my pain, was such an act of love that I cant express my gratitude fully. To be free of that type of pain to help me sleep and forget ---- bliss.

He says its nice to feel needed by a woman he thinks is so competent- but the truth is I rely on him more than he can possibly know. He is my strength, my best friend....

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett