Friday, October 14, 2011

Surgery news

( right before he went in)

Wow two posts in one week! Im on a roll.
Well considering Jonathans surgery --I had to document it for our posterity! Many of you may or may not know that Jonathan has suffered for years with sinus issues. This last round of sinus issues has lasted for several months with terrible daily headaches that would cause him to have to leave work or be on tons of medication with little relief. There was discussion of doing the sinus surgery for a long time, but it seemed like a last resort as folks reported mixed reviews on the outcome.
He hit his breaking point though and we decided to go for it. Needless to say, the day of surgery came and we thought it would be a simple affair. We didn’t count on a 2 hour surgery lasting 4.5 hours or me getting a migraine while at the hospital with no medication on me. I cant tell you how much I wanted to go to a nurse and ask if they had imitrex they could give me. Can you imagine? lol Anyway I wasn’t able to be much help after being at the hospital from 11-6:30 pm with the pain I was in---and so Jonathans parents came and picked us up and took us home. I wont go into the VERY yucky stuff that is currently draining out of his face, or how much pain hes has-not sure what we are in for as far as recovery goes, but Jonathan is hoping he will be ready to board his plane for Ireland come next Thursday. 

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett