Thursday, July 21, 2011

Painting!

Its official...we closed on the house earlier this week and its been a bit of a scramble. Conversations about what to do in the week before we move in. Given the overall amount of work its seems a bit daunting at the moment, but we agreed that the kitchen was our first priority. I will be posting pics as we go along, however for now the camera is packed and it will be cell phone pics when I do post.
Anyway my research made me inclined to do a face lift on the original oak cabinets as they were good quality and we didnt want to have to replace them if possible. Painted cabinets seemed to be the way to go and with some inspiration on black and white kitchens that is the direction we went.
Now I realize that painting cabinets is laborious. A time suck and painstaking with the details and process. What I didnt account for is the multi step process that would take many days to finish. We are on day three and only about 30% done. My back aches, my hand shakes now, and I have come to realize that while some poeple dont mind painting I am not one of them. It brings me back to Kindergarten and the frustration I felt with having to color within the lines. Sitting still, attention to detail. Those that can sew, or craft- I get why painting or doing either of those things is great! You have these wonderful finished projects that you have the patience and talent for. Um...this is why I have no problem paying other people to do those things often at a much higher price.
I just hope that when all is said and done the cabinets( and the rest of the rooms in the house which will also be painted in the next week) I am still alive.
** oh to my sisters that commented about my crazy light wish...not to worry...I did find a very reasonably priced light fixture...Not blue though.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

rest of the rooms painted this week!? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

OldSchool said...

Wanna borrow an airless? I have one in the basement.
TOM

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett