Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ragnar 2011


I wanted Jonathan to write the recap of Ragnar - afterall hearing it from his perspective would have been much more entertaining...but hes been slammed at work and so I decided before it got too far from memory to go ahead and post...

My good friend Emily and her Hubby put together a team kinda last minute and asked if I would like to run...well HELLO hanging with my friend and getting to run a race is a no brainer...then someone dropped out and I talked Jonathan into running....well needless to say his training consisted of ONE 3 mile jog in which he hurt his foot and didnt run again.

I was a little worried about him- but hes on the elliptical machine daily so I hoped he would be fine...

A few days before race day...Emily had to bail as her sitter flaked out so I was really bummed, but still excited that Jonathan would be doing it with me. Our team was the Thresher RV Crew and we had rented a HUGE RV to have as our roving hotel/sleep station...while we had our minivan as the shuttle vehicle for runners and back and forth to the RV. Have to say...the best idea EVER! Our team was a mix of guys and girls...some runners some not...we just wanted to have fun. We werent too concerned about time.

Our start was scheduled for 10:15- well we were late...we got off about 11am Friday. Some of our transitions were missed( just having runners at an exchange and the next runner still at the RV etc), in all I think we were about 2 hours lost in transitions- but again we werent concerned.
We finished up 5:30 Saturday.

Jonathan rocked the house with 3- 4 milers and did a way more awesome job than I expected...and I was a bit more tired this year with the legs I was running....5 miles, 5 miles, and then 8 miles. I was super bummed that about 3 miles into my last 8 mile leg my knee flared its old injury and I could barely walk, let alone run. So I had our amazing Milton ( 17 year old STAR) take over my leg.

It was another year of FUN, memories, and a great time. My hope is that this is just one of many that we do in the future!

Jonathan - Leg 1




My first leg...feeling good...



Start of the race...




David- the amazing barefoot runner - he is wearing sandels and probably a good thing too with the amount of rocks etc on that trail...


Not sure if you can tell...but I never got warm..had goosebumps the whole time..


This was so incredibly beautiful...the scenery and weather was PERFECT!




* a big thanks to David and Emily for inviting us to be on their team, but also to my amazing Hubby for being willing to take part. Till next year....

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ah, you guys got some great pictures! It would have been so fun to just go and cheer you all on and hang out!

I can't stop laughing at how WHITE my husbands legs are!

You guys are both troopers! Way to go!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett