Thursday, June 16, 2011

June updates

June is flying by...we have/had some fun things happening..RAGNAR this weekend, HRC Gala Jonathan and I attended, June birthday celebrations...all good stuff.

The biggest news is we are under contract with this house in Draper. The long story of it is this. We love our Lehi house...our neighbors, our ward. We dont like the lot size or that I can hear our neighbors talking in their house when we are in our house. It has escalated a bit to where I felt very claustrophobic and wanted space. Jonathan agreed. We were browsing the MLS looking at some great houses that I would have loved. Gorgeous high end, completely done, new houses. But they were slightly out of our price range and we didn’t want to raid our 401K’s to get them. So I kept my eye out…found 2 more- waited a day or two and when I got the okay from Jonathan to call- they already had offers---within DAYS! So we contemplated a few things…stay at our Lehi house for a while longer, or consider buying something that we could put some elbow grease into and fix it up.

Our friends back in Draper live in this fantastic neighborhood. Next to a park, elementary school, near trails, amphitheater, pool…they said that their neighbors were foreclosing on the house and we should take a look at it. Needless to say Jonathan fell in love. Lots of potential, no backyard neighbors(backyard opens up to the park, and pool) and space. I left after looking at the house slightly depressed….after seeing all those gorgeous new houses, and then to be considering one with much needed upgrades and a home that would require lots of work( um we both work full time, and jonathan is in school...what time would we have?)…well anyway after a few times going back to see it, talking about the things we could do, the benefits of the house…I got on board. We have plans to add a bonus room in the garage( it’s a two story garage so we can easily add a room above it), update the kitchen and baths, do some painting, finish off the basement and do the landscaping. While some of these projects have far out completion dates, others we will do right away. We are supposed to close in a few weeks, so baring anything with the inspection, this will be the house we hope to spend the next 20 years in....



House has a lot of great landscaping in the front when in bloom. I imagine a porch swing and lots of flowers...



The house was built in the late 90's. So lots of gold fixtures and lighting that will be the first to go...this is the formal dining area. When the house was on the market ( a total of a week with 3 offers- we got the house by less than a 1000.00 dollars) they put in new pad/carpet and repainted the walls. White. So before we move in Ill be doing a lot of painting...too much white for me....

Family room. One thing that I love about this house that we dont currently have in our Lehi home...is Light. There are tons of windows and wonderful natural light.

Kitchen. This was the biggest sore point for me. The layout and the lack of a pantry. While there are lots of cabinets- we have to replace all the appliances and the entire thing needs updating.

Another view of the Kitchen.

Master bath. Counters are very low. You have to bend down even. So we will pull them out and replace...Also they put new carpet down. EK! So we will be pulling it back up and tiling in the bathroom asap.

Backyard. It has never had landscaping so we will be looking to do this as well. I envision a new deck, trellis, grass near the house...with some leveling, in ground trampoline, trees, garden, playset on the top level of the yard and a new fence.


So there you go a quick tour of the house we will hopefully be calling home. Our plan is to rent out the Lehi house for a few years perhaps and sell when the market comes back around.


So anyone have any moving boxes?? LOL

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett