Thursday, November 4, 2010

Behind in blogging

I really feel like blogging is my way of preserving our family events and memories. Last night Jonathan asked if I had put any of the Halloween stuff up and I said no. I hadnt really wanted to do the re-cap as thats exactly what it was, I havent the energy in a long while to try and really do much more than that- a recap. However after our brief convo about it, I realized that I should try and do better- write more of whats going on with the kids and our lives. And so with that:

Halloween was a funny day. Ill post the picts in another post, but as everyone knows in Utah- a huge storm came a brewin' and the downpour of rain came with it. We happened to choose the WORST of the rainstorm to attempt our trick or treating, and told Elijiah to hold the umbrella, hold Tristans hand to keep him from getting wet- we would follow in the van( as we only had one umbrella) and they could go door to door with us following them. Well it lasted 3 houses and they were done. Luckily I didnt spend any money on Tristans costume( no one actually got to see it!) as it was previously Elijiahs, and later that night when it actually STOPPED raining, Elijiah went out with his friend Zach to get some more loot. I have to say- halloween kinda sucked this year. If your not Mormon, then its not something you are used to, but every year until THIS year, our ward has done some sort of Halloween festivities- Ie; Trunk or Treat, carnival, potluck or SOMETHING! Owell.

Possible changes on the horizon make me tired with the thought.

Some funny sayings of Tristans of late:
"I freakin' out Daddy!"( he picks this up when I say to him "Tristan stop freaking out! during any one of a million melt downs a day)
to our cat Bob when he is whining" Bob shup up!"( um.... we dont say shut up in our house Tristan!)
"I wub you SOOOOO MUCH Mommy!"( followed by the hardest hug ever)

Personal rant: FASHION. Ive NEVER been a trendy girl. NEVER. I would buy a couple trendy pieces each year but on the whole im just not that into it. NOT that I dont love it, its just I hate looking like everyone else. Ive been drawn to Anthropologie for YEARS- back before it was popular(yea I know im cool like that) but lately it seems everyone is obsessed with the store! Maybe its just Utah...I dont know....(actually they should be its awesome!) The boot craze is everywhere now, and even though I still LOVE that look( skinny jeans, boots, cardi) EVERYONE is looking the same. (Again is this just utah??) GRRR. The skirts with the colored tights, blouses-seriously they think they are so unique but hello??? Anyway now its my personal quest to find another store that I love that no one shops at....and I think I found it! ( haha!)

Last but not least....Elijiah is turning 8 soon. Big birthday! I seriously cant believe that he is going to be 8! Or that my Noellie will be 15! 15 folks!!!!...wow time is flying fast!

Okay done for now- stay tuned for our amazing, halloween pictures( pumpkin carving and costumes- I know ---you can hardly wait !)

No comments:

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett