Friday, July 10, 2009

10+ Year Dream Realized Today


When BYU rejected my admission request back in 1998 in spite of a clear ecclesiastical endorsement and a 3.7GPA Associate's Degree transfer, I allowed my pride and confidence to take a major hit. I moved from Happy Valley up to Salt Lake City and was welcomed with open arms at the University of Utah where I studied musical composition, theory, conducting, music history, etc... Those that know me well remember that it was somewhere in those two years at the U of U that my life fell apart and I began my decade of aimless wandering...

After working as a rent-a-cop at Trolley Square and Crossroads Mall, then as a Bouncer at Port 'o Call, I finally landed an entry level peon customer support role at eBay. Although I kept that job for 8 years, I spent the better part of five continuing to wander around aimlessly in the dark. Eventually, of my own vollition, I decided to try to get back to church and began changing my life. A year later, I made the decision to finish where I once left off and enrolled at the University of Phoenix.

Fast forward and in less than a week, I will have my Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. Last month I was offered and accepted a mid level business analyst role with L-3Communications. This morning, I was informed that I have been accepted to the Westminster College Gore School of Business and will begin coursework this fall towards an MBA. HELL YES!!!! Not that title is everything but I was so sick of being a "customer support rep" with half a degree in musical performance!!!!!! For the first time in many years, I've dedicated myself to years of hard work and am starting to see the fruits of my labors.

My love, thank you so much for allowing me to pursue these things knowing that in so doing, your vocational dreams would be put on the back burner, and we would all be sacrificing time, money, and sanity. You are my best friend, strongest support, and biggest fan and I love you eternally.

~jonathan

1 comment:

bechtold clan said...

ah honey you were never just a customer support rep. you dont give yourself much credit do you for all that you have done? im so proud of you! it will be a hard few years ahead but ill be by your side every step of the way!!!!!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett