Thursday, October 23, 2014
Still no pictures
Ive been having trouble with blogger….or maybe its just my computer being infected with viruses…either way I haven’t been able to post pictures…which is why ive put off updating things here. EK the time has come however that I need to at least jot a few things down least I forget!
Blah.
We had a bit of a scare for a minute, but that passed….
We have been living in the basement of my mothers house now almost 2 months. I cant say its been that big of a deal. We aren’t home a ton and when we are its cozy.
Soccer is still underway for Elijiah and Basketball is starting up again. Tristan has started indoor soccer and honestly I thought there would be a big improvement in a year…but alas…hes just as uncoordinated. Hes very happy to play, loves it so far but not sure he will be a soccer star in the making. Hes at least a head taller than most and a bit ungainly so I know that doesn’t help. But honestly the fact that hes trying, happy to participate and is getting some exercise each week…I cant complain.
Jett is the cutest! Oh my. Hes talking in almost full sentences now. Hes growing fast, and man is he a tornado. Hes sooo busy. He lights up my life and Jonathans…we are so blessed.
The house building has just begun. I finally went and walked through our floor plan. When we selected it back in the summer no one had built it yet. Goodness what a shock. I know I said I wanted to downsize and honestly I am excited about that. But the house we choose is small. Like apartment size. The total square footage is okay…but when its spread out over 3 floors lits a lot like a condo/apt feeling. I know it can work…but there wont be much indoor play space or ability to have people over as the main floor with just a small front room, dining, and little kitchen cant hold a lot of folks…it will be tricky. AND lots of my furniture I thought I would be able to keep and WANTED to keep wont be possible. It will have to go. I guess that is freeing. 75% of my wardrobe will have to go too. Toys etc as well. And on and on. BUT its going to be great ( keep telling myself that). I think whats eating me up the most is this. If we were getting a small house at a small house price I would be fine. But in the end…the housing market is climbing and this will be a new house, but its more than my mothers triple size lot and 4K square foot home one block up. I could get a super cheap house and spend money fixing it up, but that is what we are trying to avoid. Or move to a different place. But honestly as much as Herriman is a bit out of the way…its quiet out here. There are literally TONS of kids and Tristan has met great friends so far. Im a block from open space and trails…and seriously moving back to the east side without those things doesn’t quite appeal to me at the moment. So small house it is. We will make it work and ill keep focusing on all the positives that made us decide on this new adventure.
Speaking of adventures….after 4 years Ive decided to leave Ancestry.com. I still cant believe it honestly. Im moving on to a company in SLC( hate that drive) but it puts me a few blocks of Elijiahs school which was the deal maker. Im nervous but happy about it all. So much change all at once, but that’s how I roll I guess.
Okay that’s the gist of things right now in our home. Fun fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage
Noel
Tristan
Jett
No comments:
Post a Comment