Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pregnancy Update

Dear Little One, 

16 weeks in and im starting to believe you are real.  I know…strange huh?  A part of me is still in disbelief…and hoping that all will be well.  I haven’t been sick in a little over a week and its amazing.  Ive got some energy back…been on one walk/jog the other day with your big brother Elijiah.  Surprised at 1.  How out of shape I am 2.  How fast Elijiah can run.J  I told him he has a track future and could be as good as his big sis one day.  Anyway your dad and I went and got a few maternity clothes as I was having some trouble fitting into my pants lately.  You definitely have grown a bit over the last month.  I think I have gained a pound or two now that Im eating normally.  We have our next appointment with the Dr later this week and Im excited to hear your heart beat and even more excited next month to know if you are a boy or girl.  Currently Tristan cant decide what he wants, and Elijiah is hoping for a girl.  We will see!!  Either way Im at the point where I have a hard time not getting emotional about your pending arrival to our family.  Both your dad and I feel slightly overwhelmed at the prospect of another “Tristan”.  So im begging…please please sleep?  And colic?  We hope that it will skip our house this time around.  But again, I feel like we have been down that road, and so if it happens again, we have some experience lol.

***

17 weeks-Well another week gone…the doctor appointment last week went well.  Ive gained .5 pounds so Im on a roll!  However I am getting bigger everyday( pants that I could fit in a week ago I cant get into) so I know you are growing despite the scale. I do know that I am bigger with you than with Tristan, and that so far you are much more mellow.  To the point that I hardly notice you, and sometimes have a hard time thinking that this pregnancy is real!  Tristan was a mover and shaker from about 15 weeks he was all over the place.  I think have felt you move once or twice and we are 17 weeks along.  When I mentioned this to your dad all he could do is shout for joy believing that you would be one that would potentially sleep!  Haha.

(weight update…a mere 4 days after the doctors appointment I got on the scale again…4 pounds in 5 days was gained! OMG! What will my end weight be at this rate!!!! The neat thing however – with this obvious growth spurt- I have actually felt you move more consistently- FINALLY!)
***
On another note...havent been pleased with my current doctor and practice.  Ive looked around for a new OB based on some recommendations but those I called werent accepting new patients...SO I took a stab at another Dr that my co-workers sees and likes( however this is her first baby so what does she know)  Reviews online are mixed about this dr.  What Im looking for is continuous care by one doctor...not a large practice where I see someone new every time and have to explain my medical past and current concerns each time.  I want a Dr that shares my point of view for delivery, listens and understands and alleviates my concerns, and that I can develop some sort of report, and relationship with during this pregnancy.  However what Im finding is that is a lot to expect.  Whats more challenging is that because my next appointment is the Ultrasound- I wouldnt even be meeting said doctor till Im 24 weeks along.  What If I dont like him after meeting with him?  Do I go back to my old one?  Keep the new one regardless?  15 weeks prior to delivery and not having a secure OB is a bit scary....

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Amber! Congratulations - I haven't checked your blog in a while and I just hopped on here. I am excited for you and happy that things are going well. Take care of yourself!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett