Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's day (as a father)





Amber always makes massive efforts to make Father's day special for me. I always get a wonderful breakfast in bed, super cute and meaningful gifts from the kids, and much pampering all day. I just always question whether or not I truly deserve the kind words in the cards, the big warm hugs from the kids, and all the rest. 


When being applauded as a great father, I seem to always reflect on all the times that I lose my temper with the kids, am not patient enough, or don't do wonderful daddy things like taking them camping, showing them how to change the brake pads on the cars, etc... Hopefully these thoughts are simply the by products of a mind that always questions praise and I actually do perform my duties as a father adequately. In all honesty, I think that the Bechtold Clan should celebrate TWO mother's days but I'm eternally grateful for the love and support of a wonderful wife, an amazing, unique and charismatic son, and a brilliant, energetic step son.

1 comment:

bechtold clan said...

U do much more than you realize you know....house projects, remodeling, family activities - camping, fishing etc...dont forget. They are watching...:)
a

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett