Monday, January 30, 2012

Jan is coming to a close

Okay so January has been a bit of an experiment...our budget( which was a bit painful - but we did it!)
Some new changes
and Resolutions in order....

As I mentioned this is the year Im getting our lives in order- food storage, emergency prep etc.  My dad has been great- afterall anyone that knows our family is aware that we were pretty well set up in these areas.  My parents were avid outdoor enthusiasts...my father was a paramedic/EMT for several years, gun collector, prepper, and my mother was right there alongside him.  So when I told him that I really have felt the need this year to be better prepared- he told me about this Novel( as well as a lot of other things of course lol).  Let me tell ya tho...its a must read.  VERY Interesting.  I couldnt put it down.  He also gave me a bunch of books on survival, homesteading, and military medical basics...So my library is growing.
Jonathan got our shelves set up in the cold storage area and we have our food storage organized.  I updated our 72 hour kits ( water, clothes, cash, food, first aid etc) and have them in both cars.  So in all- I feel like Ive made some progress!!

The other note worthy thing to happen  this month is we got callings in our ward.  Jonathan as a sunday school teacher, and I the beehive advisor in Young Womens.  I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with the calling at first- thinking how I was going to do it considering our already overscheduled lives, but Im feeling much more confident about things now.  There are 16 girls...and they are adorable.  Im excited to be a part of young womens again and hopefully make a positive impact on their lives!


1 comment:

Katie said...

Very cool that you get to work with the Beehives! Have fun!

Elijiah

Elijiah
Toothpicks were all the rage

Noel

Noel

Tristan

Tristan

Jett

Jett